Analytics are essential for keeping your digital marketing strategy effective, and attribution is the way you build analytics for your next campaign. You can easily optimize your marketing based on return on investment, especially because digital marketing relies on a wide array of channels. Therefore, you have to take your business forward and increase online presence.
Attribution modeling will not affect how journey starts or ends, but will provide you with a sense of a customer journey. That way, you will be able to assign the appropriate attribution to specific touch points so that you can determine a customer’s interaction during the journey of becoming a loyal customer.
If you want to automatize everything, we recommend you to check Get.Gaug.es attribution tracking software because it will help you deal with analytics without any additional problem.
According to Google, the attribution model is the rule or set of rules, that will determine how you assign credit for conversions and sales so that they can reach the conversion path. Therefore, we can state that attribution modeling will help you understand the entire process of buying journey so that you can optimize marketing campaign based on this information.
Channels Could Include
- Advertising through Google Ads, social ads, or Display.
- Social media marketing that features campaigns and specific posts on various channels.
- Content marketing through blog posts and official websites
- Affiliate networks
- Website links
- Email marketing
Therefore, if you have a company that uses multiple channels to interact with potential customers, you should find a way to analyze everything so that you can know where to spend more and where to spend less.
Attribution modeling (check here to learn more about it) is essential for the modern marketer because it will help him/her:
- Improve and prove the return on investment in marketing campaigns.
- It can measure the impact of touch points that customer makes, and to determine where they decided to convert or make a purchase.
- A marketer can choose an appropriate channel that will effectively increase ROI
- A marketer can find which channels are most effective and focus on them
- A marketer can understand the customer journey
Today, most customers use multiple devices on a daily basis, which allows you to see how they interact with other channels and how did they get to your website to make a purchase. That way, you will be able to focus on certain, more effective paths and neglect those that are not working.
- First-Touch Attribution – This particular type includes 100% of the credit that goes due to initiated interaction. It can be useful if you want to create a demand generation and to see, how people react and be introduced to your brand. However, it will not provide you with information on how to generate revenue.
- Last-Touch Attribution – This is the point of last interaction when a potential customer decides to become a loyal customer and gets credit for that. This particular attribution will help you show which campaigns feature the